Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Very Special Celebration

My family is commemorating a Very Special Holiday this evening, We're celebrating the birthday of The Prophet Joeph Smith, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator,  Restorer of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We had an elegant birthday dinner for The Prophet. Each family member has wrapped a gift for the Prophet, which the Patriarch of our home will open. Then we'll sing "Praise to the Man," "Oh, How Lovely was the Morning," and "Oh Give me Back My Prophet Dear." Following the singing of hymns, we will sing "Happy Birthday, Dear Prophet" as we take turns blowing out the candles on his cake ((38 to honor his final birthday)) one by one. When the last candle has been extinguished, we silently take the cake into the backyard of our apartment complext and bury it in the yard.

It is so important at this time of celebrating Christmas that we also remember the life and sacrifices of The Prophet Joseph Smith. It is so important that we do this in our children's informative years. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not supposed to contact you but if I don't get busted for this, I'll just get in trouble for something else, so here it goes. You are either a very strange person or you have an incredibly dry sense of humor. I really don't know which is the case. I'll let you know my verdict when more evidence is in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas, LDS n proud!

    May God bless you and smile on you!

    ReplyDelete